Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Experience With Malaysian Cab Drivers

+
I don't know what you think of cab drivers in Malaysia but here are my first-hand experience in recent months.

Most of the cab drivers were Malays and a majority of them were either middle-aged or senior citizens. All the cabs I took used the fare meter but if you are a foreigner, that might be a different story.

I suppose most of you who have used the service of cabs didn't strike up a conversation with them. In my case, in order for me  to understand their daily life as cab drivers, I tried to walk a mile in their shoes by asking them questions.

I had taken 6 pics of the drivers but I just show you 4 of them here. The first pic is a driver in his late twenties and upon entering his cab, I could smell cigarette odor. I guess he just finished smoking before I flagged down his cab. I didn't mind since I'm a smoker.

The other 2 were middle-aged men (pic #2 & 3) while the last was the oldest (pic #4) at 71 years old.


For those of you who have been ripped off or have complaints on their bad service, you can always call the hotline or contact Land Public Transport Commission or SPAD (Suruhanjaya Pengangutan Awam Darat) in Malay (pic #5). Make sure you have all the relevant info. For more details on SPAD, read this: http://www.spad.gov.my/about-us/scope-power 

.




No comments:

Post a Comment